Saturday 29 February 2020

An Album a Day Keeps the Doctor Away #6: Angels & Airwaves - I-Empire

Ayoooo coming in clutch with album six, day six. Today’s number was 711. Which is, conincidentally where I’m going after this to get some fukn Krispy Kreme YEET. Anyway, Saturday 29th of February 2020, I've been listening to Angels & Airwaves' I-Empire.

Angels & Airwaves // I-Empire

Here we have Mr. Aliens Exist himself coming through with an album that sounds like Owl City’s Ocean Eyes but played with instruments. Yo for real though, Call to Arms is hype as fuck; brilliant album opener. It’s also the only song I’d ever heard off this record, many many years ago, in my mate’s car. Said mate reps for track one being the only good song on the album. I think that’s harsh. Is this album full of itself? Maybe. Did I really enjoy it anyway? Absolutely. It takes a lot of what made self-titled my favourite Blink album and runs with it. Just minus the goth and Robert Smith features. This is expansive and ethereal pop rock at its finest that I will definitely be returning to in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Omens

A 12 AM, winter drive, under blankets of black sky There'll be no sleep till Brisbane & I got exams, at 9 Cousin Dan drives while I ...

Popular Posts